Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Barley Mushroom Soup

I usually make soup on Sunday for the work week.  Here is one that is tasty, filling and very low calories!  Short on time?  This is probably the fastest soup you can make.

Healthy healthy - you will feel full and feel FANTASTIC!

20 Calories of your favorite broth ( I use Pacific Organic Mushroom Broth 32 oz)
2 Cups Cooked Barley (400 cals)
1 Block Baked Tofu, cut into 1/4" squares (150 cals - Varies on brand)
2 Cans Sliced Mushrooms (liquid and all - 90 cals)

In your large soup pot, add all ingredients and bring to a boil on HIGH.  Turn off burner and let steep for 2 hrs.  Add onions to change it up!


 4 Servings - 165 Calories Per Serving








Subscribe to The Organic Beat via email at the top of this page.  Never miss a recipe and read at your own convenience.  

If you are on a mobile device click "View web version" below to see the subscribe button.  
**Your email will remain private and will never be shared.

3 comments:

  1. Mushrooms are eewwww. I made this recipe and replaced the mushrooms with candy corms and jelly beans and it was mmmmm mmmm delightful. Yeeees the candy corms and jelly beans were organic because I care about what I put in my temple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you used "organic" candy corns and jelly beans. Even tho you aren't a fan of the shrooms, that's great you are staying away from refined sugar. ;)

      Delete
  2. Where in the world do you find organic candy corns? I've been looking everywhere for them!

    ReplyDelete